The surrounding area of the Grand Belle was once part of a 300 acre apple orchard. The barn was used to wash, dry and process the apples to prepare them for retail sales. Around 1950, it was purchased by a retired Detroit mounted police officer who used the lower level of the barn to house his retired horse. In 1980, it was purchased by a real estate investor and was vacant for over 30 years.
Finally in 2012, a dream was hatched when the current owners purchased the grounds with the desire to transform it into a world class wedding barn. Since then, The Grand Belle has been uniquely restored by master craftsmen and artists both inside and out, combining both original decor and modern conveniences, making it a beautiful locale for every special moment.